The majority of the items I purchased were brand new Gymboree items (2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of corduroy pants, 1 shirt & 2 sweaters) . The cute dress is (EUC) Old Navy and the winter jacket didn't have a brand tag but looks new. All this averaged to just over $4 a piece!
If you're a newbie consignment shopper like me, here are a few tips that I found valuable:
- Check to see if your local consignment shop has a website. Join their mailing list if this is an option. They will notify you about upcoming events & hopefully send you valuable coupons!
- Plan Ahead - Know what you need and how much you're willing to spend.
- During special events, shop early on the first day for the best selection.
- Give Yourself Time: Consignment shopping takes time so give yourself ample time to browse.
- Leave your kiddos home if it's an option...need I say more?
- Check & compare brands because it's not always a good deal! Sometimes you can find a better deal at a regular store when they have a big clearance event. Furthermore, name brands tend to have better resale value than lesser brands.
- (From personal experience) If you find something on the rack that you like, hold onto it before some else takes it. You can always put it back if you find something better.
- Right before you checkout, re-evaluate all items and make sure you're within budget. You may want to also double check their return policy prior to making your purchase.